Wednesday 14 October 2009

Another interesting day! My essay tutorial with David went really well, and I feel much more confident about moving forwards with the brief now. David was really helpful, and having it explained to me in his way was very different from anything I’ve been taught before but I found it really productive. I now need to thoroughly look through the Eye magazine archives...

I also had a really productive talk with Joel which helped to clarify a few things in my mind. I have been worrying a bit about the project and the direction that I’m going with it. As the subject that I’m tackling is so huge (science) there is so much potential research that I was beginning to get a bit lost...
I got a bit sidetracked into thinking about the relationship between art and science and the creative thought process behind scientific breakthroughs, when all i needed to do was just start making images from what I was reading. I need to just divide it up into mini-briefs, and everytime I find a quote or passage that interests me illustrate it. Just start doodling or sketching what comes into my mind as I read. By doing this I can set myself a target of doing say, one illustration a day and moving from there. It will be a scientific, analytical, process-led project and this will suit the subject matter perfectly. I also think the D&AD brief about resistance will fit in quite well with this project, so watch this space... I now feel reasonably confident about moving on with the project , and writing my learning agreement.

No comments: