Friday 30 October 2009

During my research one of the interesting things that's come up is marine geology, which is essentially plate tectonics. My first thought about this was the theme of resistance, which fits in nicely with the D&AD brief.... I like it as it's not an obvious idea for resistance but it fits really well. Our continents are all slowly but continuously moving due to the earths tectonic plates moving and rubbing against each other. Due to the resistance of the plates rubbing against each other, enormous pressure builds up and when this pressure is suddenly released it results in earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides etc. This could result in my work ending up looking a bit apocalyptic so I need to be careful to not go over the top....
Anyway, here's something with a bit of earthquake destruction in it.

No comments: