Tuesday 10 November 2009

Marcus Oakley

The lecture that Marcus Oakley gave us today was really informative, and a good insight into the illustration industry. One of the main things I picked up up from what he was saying, and I'm sure this isn't the same for everyone but I get the impression a lot of his clients are people he knew already, especially the work he's done for Pointer. This highlighted to me the importance of networking to acquire clients, as people you meet may one day be running a company that might need some illustrations... His work is completely different from mine, but I like it, especially his patterns and his 3d stuff.


I found it really inspiring listening to him talking about his influences, and what informs his practice as much of what he was saying I recognised in myself, and I'm hoping that this will spur me on to make some really good images for this project as to be honest, I'm still struggling.

No comments: